Save REAL MONEY on Energy Costs!
ENERGY STAR was introduced by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) in 1992. Today ENERGY STAR offers consumers and businesses energy-efficient solutions to SAVE energy, SAVE money and help prevent the environment for future generations. Visit www.energystar.gov for more information.
Energy Star Rating: What makes a home Energy Star?
Homes that earn the ENERGY STAR are significantly more energy efficient than standard homes. These qualified homes are at least 15% more energy efficient than homes built to the 2004 International Residential Code (IRC) and include additional energy-saving features that typically make them 20-30% more efficient than standard homes.
NORTH CAROLINA GREEN BUILT HOMES
NC Green Built Homes is a non-profit residential building program administered statewide by the NC Solar Center. The Greater Asheville program is administered locally by the WNC Green Building Council.
THIS GREEN BUILDING PROGRAM GUIDES 5 PRIMARY AREAS OF DESIGN AND CONSTRUCTION OF YOUR NEW HOME:
- Site and Landscape: Erosion control methods and native, drought resistant species are used.
- Energy: Advanced techniques used for sealing the home’s envelope provide a safer and more comfortable living space. Ensures more constant temperature throughout the home with properly sized and installed heating and cooling systems. Energy savings that translates into dollar savings on your utility bills.
- Indoor Air Quality: Reduces the risk of mold growth with proper building science and moisture control. Minimizes the use of products containing formaldehyde, glues and VOCs.
- Water: Water conservation through landscaping, interior fixtures and efficient appliances.
- Materials: Using durable materials means decreased maintenance costs plus use of renewable, recycled content and engineered products for better protection of your long term investment, your new home.
NC Green Built certification
A NC Green Built Home Rater makes regular inspections of materials and quality, and ensures a final inspection that gains the valuable NC Green Built certification. A home is one of the most important investments you’ll make. With a NC Green Built Home, you’ll enjoy higher performance in a sustainable, energy efficient home that was built to meet rigorous standards for comfort, durability and energy savings. Read more about what makes a Green Built home.